Access to HE: Careers in the Health Industry
4th November 2021 Date of publication
Access to HE Diplomas in the Health sector are the most popular and well recruited across the country. The 2019-20 QAA key statistics show that 53% of Access to HE registrations were on Health Courses and Nursing is the top HE subject studied by students. With Nursing also being named as one of the employment growth areas for the UK this is likely to continue being the case.
One Awards offers providers the opportunity to create bespoke Diplomas to meet the needs of your learners and your LEP priorities. We have a large range of units that allow you to tailor Diplomas and titles. Centres are currently offering Health related Diplomas in:
- Biomedical Science
- Health Science
- Psychology and Healthcare
Our Diplomas are mainly composed of 9 credit units and this has led to students having a greater chance of achieving all distinction grade profiles which enhances progression to HE immeasurably. We believe that our 9 credit units allow students to ‘deep dive’ subjects which give them a greater knowledge and understanding that assists them to achieve the best outcomes. Our 9 credit units also mean less administration for our centres which allows more teaching and support time to your classes.
Reasons to Deliver Access to HE with One Awards
- Two Access to HE models
- Tailor made Diplomas – choose from a wide range of subjects and units to create your Access to HE Diploma title.
- Five ‘Off the Shelf’ Diplomas including Health
- Indicative content and assessment guidance on unit specifications – helps to support delivery and assessment
- Set your own assessments – you know what assessments will demonstrate the knowledge obtained and allow students to succeed
- Teaching and Learning resources – Including videos and materials
- Online enrichment 'maximiser' courses
- Dedicated Support – You will be assigned an Account Manager, Quality Assurance Manager and Diploma Moderators
- Swift claiming and certification process
- Annual Access to HE Forum to bring practitioners and sector experts together to share best practice
- Annual Access to HE Admissions Fair to support students to progress to their chosen Universities and higher education institutions
- We hold the highest all distinction grade profile over any other AVA
We are holding ‘Access to HE: The Career Changer’ webinars for providers on the 24th November, 12noon-1pm.
Please join us to hear more about our bespoke Access to HE Diplomas, support provided and our moderation processes. We will also hear from guest speakers:
- Peter Snowball - One Awards Access to HE Moderator
- Stephanie Sanford - Director of International and Professional Services, QAA