One Awards Access to HE Built Environment Diploma
27th September 2021 Date of publication
Have you considered offering the One Awards Access to HE Built Environment Diploma?
Construction is a major sector of the UK economy. It generates almost £90 billion annually and employs in excess of 2.93 million people, the equivalent of about 10% of UK employment (BIS). Many construction workers are retiring, and the rate of retirement looks set to increase over the next few years. Many current vacancies in the wider construction sector are persistent and hard to fill because employers cannot recruit staff with the right skills, qualifications or experience, and the demand is forecast to rise even further.
The Access to HE Built Environment Diploma is designed to engage students in the knowledge and skills required to study at HE level within the construction or built environment sectors. The Diploma is also suitable for those who have worked in the industry trade and wish to progress their career prospects within the sector.
The units within the Diploma cover current industry practice, use of technology and ecology. Students will develop a knowledge and understanding of the issues relating to the building of structures in the natural environment along with the importance of good design.
Units within the Built Environment Diploma include:
- Maths for Construction
- Estimating and Tendering Processes in Construction and Built Environment Sector
- Higher Skills in Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment– Algebra and Graphical Techniques
- Higher Skills in Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment – Number Systems, Logarithmic, Exponential and Trigonometric Functions
- Higher Skills in Mathematics for Construction and the Built Environment – Data Collection, Sampling and Visual Representation of Data
- Construction Design and Planning
- Health and Safety Issues relating to the Construction and the Built Environment Sector
- Sustainability in Construction and the Built Environment
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
Successful completion will enable students to apply for construction related degree courses or apprenticeships in:
- Contruction Management
- Civil Engineering
- Architecture an Technology
- Built Environment
- Estate Management
- Quantity and Building Surveying
- Project Management
- Social and Urban Renewal
If you would like to discuss becoming a One Awards Access to HE centre to deliver our Built Environment Diploma, or to discuss the Diplomas we can offer, please contact email@example.com to book a meeting.