New Qualifications for January 2019
7th January 2019 Date of publication
Please find below details of recently approved NOCN qualifications:
This qualification has been designed to provide the practitioner with the skills and knowledge to help with stress reduction in children exhibiting anxiety, through the use of mindfulness techniques.
The qualification is targeted at learners/practitioners who wish to or currently work with children who exhibit anxiety and wish to learn stress reduction techniques.
The objectives of the qualification are to enable learners to:
- Be aware of the causes and effects of stress on children
- Know how a child’s brain develops
- Know the benefits of mindfulness to a child’s development
- Know how to apply mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and/or anxiety
- Total Qualification Time (TQT) for this qualification: 20 hours with Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification: 12 hours
- This qualification is listed within LARS and carries approval for funding in the following categories: 16-19 EFA, 16-18 & 18 plus.
This qualification has been developed to be delivered within a training environment and will allow learners to build on Level 1 skills, knowledge and understanding in health and safety, tiling, wallpapering, basic plumbing and carpentry.
Learners must complete all six units from the mandatory group, gaining 32 credits to complete the qualification. The qualification offers extensive additional units to allow flexibility and stretch and learners may complete units from this group but the credits will not count towards the achievement of the qualification.
On completion of this qualification learners will have developed skills, knowledge and understanding of health and safety within construction, tiling, wallpapering, basic plumbing and carpentry.
- Total Qualification Time (TQT) for this qualification: 320
- Funding: This qualification is currently awaiting approval for funding.
For more information on these qualifications please click on the qualification title. If you wish to gain approval to deliver any of these qualifications, please contact your One Awards Account Manager.