One Awards maintains Low Risk Rating with QAA
25th May 2016 Date of publication
One Awards is delighted to announce that we have received written confirmation from The Quality Assurance Agency, (QAA), regulator for Access to HE Diplomas, that our risk level has been maintained at Low for the third successive year. This is the highest rating possible and provides external recognition of the continued high standards One Awards achieves.
QAA also identified 3 areas of good practice from our 2014-15 Self Evaluation Report, which indicates that we are one of the most successful AVAs in this respect.
This outstanding achievement comes in our 20th Anniversary year as an AVA and a year in which we continue in our quest to provide all our customers with the best possible service.
Among many of the projects carried out this year we have:
- streamlined our approval process for pre-Approved Diplomas
- created new and improved support documentation and training videos
- reviewed and enhanced many of our graded units with indicative content and assessment information
- produced exemplar assignment briefs
- offered even greater support for Diploma and unit and modifications
- Keran Pincombe, One Awards Lead Moderator, has started to work with students, providers and Higher Education Institutions on a PhD research project regarding the effectiveness of the Access to HE Diploma in preparing students for HE and onwards into employment
Pictured left to right John Earland, Access to HE Manager and Jennie Lawson, Head of Access to HE at One Awards
Jennie Lawson, One Awards’ Head of Access to HE, says, “I am so pleased that QAA have confirmed our low risk rating which underlines One Awards’ commitment to quality and delivering the best possible results for our providers and students. It also serves as endorsement of the new quality systems we introduced in 2014-15 which, through close partnership working with our providers, assure the integrity of the Access to HE Diplomas achieved by students year on year.”